Thursday, September 6, 2012

Criteria for grading written tests

Regarding the written tests:
I urge you to concentrate on communicating your knowledge of the subject and applying it to the question. Do not spend your time on your personal opinions, but on showing that you understand all sides of an issue where relevant. Be sure to answer all portions of each question in an organized fashion.

Criteria:
1. Am I being specific rather than vague?
2. Am I using examples?
3. Am I using information from BOTH the lecture and readings whenever possible?
4. Am I using vocabulary and concepts from the class to answer these questions?
5. Do I show that I know what the vocabulary I use actually means?
6. Did I quote the readings?
7. Have I shown that I can summarize information?

No comments:

Post a Comment